KMV organizes a workshop on NAAC Methodology

  • By admin
  • June 8, 2022
  • 0
Methodology

Jalandhar June 7 (Jaswinder Singh Azad)- Kanya Maha Vidyalaya (Autonomous) organised aworkshop on “NAAC Methodology”. The resource person for the workshop was Dr. B. S. Ponmudiraj, who is currently the Academic Adviser with the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Delegates from all over Punjab & J & K etc. participated in this workshop. As an international expert he is also the Chairman of the Accreditation Committee for Universities of Bangladesh, Nepal, Vietnam and is also coordinator for many international delegations on behalf of NAAC.

Principal Prof. (Dr.) Atima Sharma Dwivedi and IQAC members presented floral felicitation to the dignitaries. The Principal also welcomed the resource person and all the delegates who came from various institutions of Punjab. Dr. B. S. Ponmudiraj delivered the talk about methodology of Assessment and Accreditation by NAAC. He emphasised that institutions must upload complete data files on their websites for proper data validation & SSR must be prepared by internal members and should not be outsources to avoid fake data which may lead to the black listing of institutions.

During the workshop Dr. B. S. Ponmudiraj also told that 70% of assessment is computer data

During the workshop he also told that 70% of assessment is computer data based on numbers and NAAC team visit is only to verify the remaining 30% qualitative matrices. He also told that syllabi must be designed with proper Programme specific outcomes and course outcomes along with mapping to move towards outcome based education. All institutions must opt for Academic Administrative Audit and Green Audit with neighbouring institutions instead of hired audit agencies. He clarified that the research papers in Journals can be considered for CAS if they were published before CARE list came into existence.

He also emphasized that faculty must publish paper in UGC recognized Journals. Almost 25 delegates from Punjab and J & K and 120 KMV faculty members from Science, IT, Commerce and Humanities stream attended the workshop. The workshop was very enlightening,informative and fruitful for all the participants.Principal Prof. Dr. Atima Sharma Dwivedi expressed her gratitude to Dr. Ponmudiraj. Madam Principal lauded the efforts of IQAC team for successfully organizing the workshop.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *